| Like and subscribe|
Vaush is a "pro markets" libertarian socialist YouTuber who has gained a modest amount of fame on the site for his videos debunking, criticizing and debating reactionaries such as Sargon of Akkad. Before making his own channel, he went by IrishLaddie and was predominantly known for his appearances on Destiny’s streams. He is far edgier than the majority of BreadTubers, something that gained him considerable controversy.
- Vaush is in favor of socialism, specifically libertarian socialism and syndicalism. Vaush believes that market economies are not inherently harmful.
- Vaush is pro-gun. He is a staunch advocate for armed struggle and believes a revolution is the best way to achieve socialism.
- Vaush advocates for anti-sectarianism in the leftist space online. He is willing to work with leftists he doesn't fully agree with in order to accomplish common goals, such as socialism, and supports coalitions between anarchists and communists to establish socialism (and then they can fight amongst themselves once a better world is achieved).
- Vaush believes that despite being Jewish nationalists, Zionists have a very strong tendency to be anti-Semitic themselves.
- Based on his video about Slavoj Žižek, he believes it is okay to criticize political correctness as long as it isn’t being used as a dog whistle for a conservative and/or fascist agenda.
- Despite his hostility towards centrists and liberals, he is surprisingly good friends with Shoe0nHead. He is also on friendly terms with former conservative chud Hunter Avallone.
- He is pansexual and is, as such, a vocal LGBT rights advocate. More specifically, he has devoted many of his videos to debunking transphobic fearmongering.
- He loathes liberal identity politics and "pop feminism", and strongly advocates for free speech while also not supporting state-controlled hate speech laws.
- He supports Bernie Sanders' 2020 campaign for President of the United States, but unlike many of his fellow Sanders supporters, he opposes the "Bernie or Bust" movement and plans to vote for Joe Biden in the general election if Sanders is to lose the primary.
Vaush is pretty good at debating fascists, conservatives and neolibs. His debating style could be considered a more aggressive version of Destiny's conservative arc debates. While he occasionally does rather poorly (his first debate with Sargon wasn't his most impressive moment), he is arguably the best person at debating far-right chuds at the moment. Here's a list of the most prominent people he has debated:
In March 2019, several direct messages were leaked in which Vaush (previously known as IrishLaddie) was acting very creepy towards his victims. Before logs being leaked of the event, and discussed by Destiny, he played with the idea of confronting one of the victims as shown in a photo of his discord. and allegedly played with the idea of doxing one of them as well. In response to the leaked image, Vaush has claimed that the reason he considered it was because he had reason to believe they were going to spread false information about him and that he changed his mind in the same conversation after his discord expressed a negative reaction to his plan. After this drama occurred Vaush, and his admins/mods "white nervosa" and "rodriguez" commented that he try to dissociate from his old moniker IrishLaddie for VaushVidya, which he had already been using for some time, in order to deflect some backlash.
Allegations of transphobia
In June 2019, Vaush received pushback among several Twitter users, ranging from some of his own fanbase to the compilation account HotCisTakes, for posting a tweet many interpreted to be dismissive of trans people offended by misgendering. Vaush insisted it was a joke intended to mock transphobes and that he meant no ill will towards trans people (his YouTube content is remarkably pro-trans, especially by the standards of the site, and he has supported trans content creators ranging from ContraPoints to Comrade Cora). Many rejected this characterization, citing that the tweet sounded far too similar to something actual transphobes would say to justify committing violence against trans people, almost as if he was making light of such a serious issue as transphobia.
Vaush sometimes uses slurs (like "femoids") for irony value, to break the stereotype of BreadTube as a bunch of "easily triggered SJWs", and also as a way to attract and potentially de-radicalize right-wing chuds. He has also said the N-word (with a hard R) on his stream. This has been done in the context of the Killstream, where he was debating multiple neo-Nazis who jumped around saying the N-word, and Vaush said this to show he wasn't afraid of their speech. Incidentally, this did silence them briefly, and he has gone on to say that he stands by his use of the word in this context. However, this could still be considered a controversial moment.
- Surprise Debate w/ DESTINY
- REMATCH with Destiny - Classism, Anti-Left Bias & Market Socialism
- DEBATE w/ Hunter Avallone
- SPICY DEBATE w/ I,Hypocrite, Who TRIED HIS BEST
- Debating Sargon of Akkad
- Debating SARGON OF AKKAD and EXPOSING him as a White Nationalist
- Debating Stefan Molyneux and OBLITERATING him with Facts, Logic, & Arguments