This page is automatically archived by Archiver
Archives for this talk page: <1>
Have you heard of murdoch Murdoch
Have you? — Unsigned, by: Rationaldriver / talk / contribs
I thank you for your understanding, and I apologise for being the cause of a misunderstanding between us. Being crude and blunt is just my style, I guess, but I try not to test people's patience.
I've been criticized for not contributing to mainspace articles enough. Recently when I offered to collaborate on an article on its Talk page, a problem editor, who's been stalking and harassing me with personal attacks, scrolled up my offer for assistance. This certainly is not good faith editing or conduct. Now he's engaging in Talk page edit warring. If you have a moment's, would you look into it, please.
Also, I never congratulated you on your hard fought election well done, my bad. Congratulations! nobs piss in my ear 22:18, 20 January 2019 (UTC)
- Go ahead and create the coop case against me, @RobSmith. The only reason that you were criticized for not contributing mainspace articles was because you ran for moderator without any qualifications. Do we want a conspiracy theorist offering us help? I think not. In good faith, I have offered to correct anything erroneous on Conservapedia:RobSmith as well as suggest that @Dysklyver edit the page (Conservapedia talk:RobSmith#Bongolian: harassment). Bongolian (talk) 23:01, 20 January 2019 (UTC)
- I don't go spoiling for a fight - you do. I'm a peacemaker. That's why I ran for Mod. Your trolling Talk pages with scrolls like "racist" or "conspiracy theorist" is an attempt to rope innocent people into your conspiracy theories. nobs piss in my ear 23:15, 20 January 2019 (UTC)
- Since when has Bongolian had conspiracy theories? And what are these conspiracy theories? Are you sure that your belief that Bongolian has conspiracy theories isn't a conspiracy theory? — NekoDysk 23:25, 20 January 2019 (UTC)
- @Bongolian I'm sorry. RobSmith's comments on the Trump-Russia talk page are so egregious I see there is no hope for him becoming a useful contributor. Ariel31459 (talk) 23:35, 20 January 2019 (UTC)
- History will tell. Building the case for collusion on Oleg Deripaska will bite you in the ass. nobs piss in my ear 00:41, 21 January 2019 (UTC)
- I just will say that I accept your apology. Take care. --It's-a me, LeftyGreenMario!(Mod) 21:35, 21 January 2019 (UTC)
- lol. I randomly caught up on this whole thing, and whew. Y'all let this scum swilling guttershite go free with not even a slap on the wrist, and don't mind being treated this way? To the point that the rest of you are perfectly okay with letting your fellows receive this kind of grief? That explains a lot about the state this place is in. Yep, I deffo don't regret my decision to bounce and watch on high with the kind of fascination that veers between amusement and horror. James Earl Cash (talk) 02:33, 3 February 2019 (UTC)
- Yeah. --It's-a me, LeftyGreenMario!(Mod) 08:52, 5 February 2019 (UTC)
Someone nominated you to be the server owner over at the RW Discord server. Just thought I'd let you know. — Ɖøn Ĵuan Harass 16:23, 23 January 2019 (UTC)
- Thanks for the heads up. Don't think I got pinged though. --It's-a me, LeftyGreenMario!(Mod) 19:11, 23 January 2019 (UTC)
- When you get there can you please get rid of all the ageist pricks? The people there are bastards. Bullies, plain and simple. Why do such people exist?! — Ɖøn Ĵuan Harass 19:32, 23 January 2019 (UTC)
- @Don Juan Ageist? What exactly do you mean by that? --Goatspeed. How's my editingCircularRasoningSee what I've been messing around with 20:56, 30 January 2019 (UTC)
- There have been unconfirmed reports that certain users may discriminate against young people. — NekoDysk 21:45, 30 January 2019 (UTC)
- young people are all wrong and i'm right. good thing i'm not on the discord much - David Gerard (talk) 00:31, 2 February 2019 (UTC)
In the future, why don't we elect the server owner of the Discord, as well as managers of our various social media outlets and spin-offs (Twitter and Facebook account managers, Reddit moderators, etc.) here? I mean, it gives us greater control over our own spin-offs, as well as incentivizing the management and continued life of our presence on other sites. Hell, we can even fold the role in with that of site moderator, or even just pass the management stuff to the Board. RoninMacbeth (talk) 21:53, 30 January 2019 (UTC)
- Maybe we should but there has to be some engagement in all of those platforms. Maybe the self-regulation for these platformers are ultimately fine, but do you know anyone from this wiki is up to task for regulating the spinoffs? The only one I really frequent to any extent would be the Discord as I don't really have a Twitter or a Facebook or a Reddit. --It's-a me, LeftyGreenMario!(Mod) 22:06, 1 February 2019 (UTC)
- I'm interested in doing the twitter. DuceMoosoliniYour friendly RW
dictator moderator 22:21, 1 February 2019 (UTC)
- @David Gerard has supposedly been running the RW Twitter account for several years. It would be a good idea to talk to him. Bongolian (talk) 00:01, 2 February 2019 (UTC)
- my advantage in doing the twitter is being literally a board member and having done it for years and knowing the place. We need someone on the Facebook tho. The real problem with social media is getting someone to do it consistently - Fuzzy was doing the FB for a while but eventually stopped. Nobody can work out how to make the RW subreddit suck, which is why I locked it until someone volunteers to bother doing moderation consistently in the face of Rome Viharo shitting it up. Etc - David Gerard (talk) 00:29, 2 February 2019 (UTC)
- like the assorted FB groups are all Unofficial Fan Group and that' fine y'know, that's perfect. The official one needs someone who understands we're representing here - David Gerard (talk) 00:32, 2 February 2019 (UTC)
- @David Gerard Now I'm interested in doing the Facebook. DuceMoosoliniYour friendly RW
dictator moderator 03:22, 3 February 2019 (UTC)
- let us know your Facebook name (or email it to me if you don't want it public - email@example.com) - David Gerard (talk) 16:22, 4 February 2019 (UTC)
Alleged tourism slump
If you look at the date of the article from The Guardian, you will find that it was from February 2017. That Wikipedia list I linked has data for 2017 as well as 2018. Therefore, this Guardian article is outdated. Trump's inauguration and immigration policies might have had a dampening effect on the tourism industry initially, but this perturbation has no real long-term effect. The data shows this very clearly. (Note that we are talking about international airports.) If you want some examples, I have some, too. Let's look at two of the largest American cities (with at least one international airport): New York City and Chicago.
- A record-breaking number of tourists visited the Second City last year, including numerous international travelers. In fact, they have plans to modernize and expand the O'Hare International Airport. Airlines are more than happy to chip in. A direct fight between Auckland and Chicago opened in 2018.
- The world's longest nonstop long-haul flight, Singapore to New York City, opened in 2018. You would spend 20 hours in the air on a journey of 9,500 miles (15,200 km). For comparison, the (mean) radius of the Earth is about 6,400 km, meaning half the circumference is 20,100 km. The technology needed for this, aircraft that are more fuel efficient and with higher maximum takeoff weight (to carry more fuel, passengers, and amenities), has been around for years now. I remember reading about a demonstration flight from Hong Kong to New York City the "wrong" way. But it has only become economically feasible in recent years.
We can thus conclude that the effects of the policies of the Trump administration on the American tourism industry has been either non-existent or benign. This situation is similar to the renewable energy industry, which keeps growing despite the attitude of the Trump White House towards "beautiful clean coal." The slight difference here is that it encourages domestic manufacturing by limiting the chances of the market being flooded by items made in China. (And there are many "conservatives" who love green energy.) I wrote about this on the page. Nerd (talk) 16:26, 9 February 2019 (UTC)
Luigi Bullies Kids
DuceMoosoliniYour friendly RW
dictator moderator 18:32, 12 February 2019 (UTC)
- Luigi even stole their pwecious Mr. Scooty, that monster. --It's-a me, LeftyGreenMario!(Mod) 07:02, 16 February 2019 (UTC)