The Paleolibertarian page includes quotes and descriptions from a Paleoconservative. The article needs to be updated with actual Paleolibertarian quotes and descriptions. As of right now neither Paleolibertarian, Paleoconservative, Libertarian, or even Paleo is mentioned once on Phyllis Schlafly's page. — Unsigned, by: 220.127.116.11 / talk
Accidentally blanked a page, and luckily you fixed it!
Hi, I've posted this on technical support and the mod talk page, so this might be overkill; but I'm new to wiki and rationalwiki and had no idea intention of screwing over the page and have no idea what I was doing. Is there anyway I can have my IP hidden? I won't be doing anything ever like it again and I'll stay away from the site once it's resolve as the situation has really scared me. Again, I had no idea what I was doing and I'm really sorry. It happened at this page Thank you! and I'm really sorry! — Unsigned, by: Flaberjake / talk / contribs
it was weird though(balderdash)
It accurately described a real thing that exists, but wasn't a copy from elsewhere, and was wikified. Someone typed that by hand. Cited real sources, not spam pages. What was that? ikanreed 🐐Bleat at me 23:13, 5 March 2019 (UTC)
What's wrong with McToon?
I'm not sure why his havilng only 200 views is all that relevant, he's still a prominent activist and has so far provenn 4 Flat Earthers wrong. I mean, he does it right in front of their faces with his Coffee series. You can't say he hasn't dsone his part. He's a smart guy and I'd say he deserves a page here. I can re-write the page without the image if you think it's copyrighted. Smokinwheat (talk) 00:58, 7 March 2019 (UTC)
- No one cares. Cosmikdebris (talk) 03:19, 7 March 2019 (UTC)
Why did you delete my edits?
Cosmikdebris, please tell me why did you delete my edits? What did I do wrong? What's wrong with my edits? If you don't tell right on time, I may undo the deletes that you made base on my editsCoolguy10038 (talk) 23:36, 19 March 2019 (UTC)
- @Coolguy10038 The option-choose code you put in there doesn't appear to be valid wiki markup. Regards, Cosmikdebris (talk) 00:03, 20 March 2019 (UTC)
- @Cosmikdebris I was using the same code that is put on Conservapedia ,where the article CHOOSES one the quotes that is added to the article.
It turned out to be fine, it just that I had to fix. Look here:http://rationalwiki.nom.pw/w/index.php?title=Jehovah%27s_Witnesses&diff=2053191&oldid=2053190
But if you do not want the option-code to be added on the article I was editing(even though i fixed it so it can look perfect),that's fine ,maybe I could add extra quotes instead on this article(like I did to the other articles). Coolguy10038 (talk) 21:22, 22 March 2019 (UTC)
- @Coolguy10038 I see by looking at Special:Version that the RandomSelection extension is indeed enabled here. I've never seen it used before, which alarmed me when I saw it in your edit.
- I'm nor particularly opposed to its use as you propose on that page, though. Regards, Cosmikdebris (talk) 21:54, 22 March 2019 (UTC)
I know they were trolling and the ban is basically justified either way, but in general, I think a permaban for legal threats is only warranted if they literally threaten to sue(they didn't) or they are trying to use the implicit threat of legal action to dictate wiki content(they didn't). Again, I'm okay with the ban on the grounds that they were never going to contribute anything useful, but don't overdo it with bans where the reason given is the legal faq.
There's no specific policy, but I thought the idea of such bans was we want to route legal requests to the appropriate entities, namely the rationalwiki board, and not have regular editors try and mediate the law, a task most of us are not equipped to do. ikanreed 🐐Bleat at me 19:59, 22 March 2019 (UTC)
- @Ikanreed Point well taken. I'll try and be more graceful with the banhammer and choose the reason appropriately. Cosmikdebris (talk) 20:02, 22 March 2019 (UTC)
- Thanks, and I'll try not to nitpick so much when it's entirely justified anyways. (I'll fail, I'm an awful pedant at heart) ikanreed 🐐Bleat at me 21:11, 22 March 2019 (UTC)