The Unz Review
| Frogs and swastikas|
“”[The] Unz Review website, a dumping ground for anti-Semitic nonsense.
|—The Weekly Standard|
The Unz Review is an alt-right website which describes itself as an alternative to the mainstream media. It contains articles and content that promote white nationalism, the international Jewish conspiracy, Holocaust denial, the white genocide conspiracy theory, racialism pseudoscience and eugenics.
Anti-Semitism and Holocaust denial
According to the ADL:
Conservative businessman Ron Unz has stirred controversy over the last year by publicizing ideas that appeal to anti-Semites; offering a forum for writers who demonize Israel and funding several anti-Israel activists, some of whom promote anti-Semitic canards. Though Unz does not appear to be an anti-Semite, he provides support to extreme anti-Israel ideologues and his writings resonate with and are regularly cited by anti-Semites. Unz's newest venture, which began in November 2013, is a webzine called The Unz Review. As editor-in-chief and publisher, Unz asserts that he founded the online publication because the mainstream media ignores or conceals certain information and ideas with regard to issues such as foreign policy and race. In an effort to "remedy this disturbing situation," Unz has offered a forum for "controversial perspectives" that he says do not reach major newspapers or TV. Although Unz claims that he does not agree with many of the views presented in the webzine, he nonetheless has provided a new outlet for certain writers to attack Israel and Jews.
In January 2018 The Unz Review republished an anti-Semitic article "It's Time to Drop the Jew Taboo" written by Charles Bausman, originally published by Russia Insider. The Tablet says that the article "contained a comprehensive litany of the most vile accusations against Jews dating back more than one hundred years".
In August 2018 the front page of The Unz Review advertised The Hoax of the Twentieth Century by Holocaust denier Arthur R. Butz and Ron Unz controversially published an article sympathetic to Holocaust denial, that primarily attracted neo-Nazis in the comments section. Although Unz is Jewish himself, he isn't the first Jew to deny the Holocaust.
Columnists and bloggers
- Pat Buchanan, a.k.a. "Mr. Paleoconservative"
- John Derbyshire
- Paul Gottfried, a.k.a. "Jewish Moses of the alt-right"
- Steve Sailer
- Anatoly Karlin
- James Thompson
Steve Sailer and James Thompson mostly use The Unz Review to promote their HBD pseudoscience, including racialism. For example, a large number of their articles and comments are about race and intelligence, attracting more HBDers in the comments section, e.g. Emil Kirkegaard, Adam Perkins, Ryan Faulk. John Fuerst and Michael A. Woodley of Menie.
- The Unz Review: Overview.
- See the Wikipedia article on Ron Unz.
- Ron Unz: Controversial Writer and Funder of Anti-israel Activists. Anti-Defamation League.
- How Vicious anti-Semitism Quietly Aids Moscow's Covert Influence Campaign in the US. Haaretz.
- Prominent Russian Website Publishes Virulent Anti-Semitic Screed
- American Pravda: Holocaust Denial. The Unz Review. 27 Aug 2018.
- See David Cole, Israel Shamir and Bobby Fischer.
- The Jewish Moses of the Alt-Right Decries Culture of Political Correctness
- Israeli writer is Swedish anti-Semite. Searchlight Magazine. May 2004.