Stephen C. Meyer
| The divine comedy|
Stephen C. Meyer (born 1958), a philosopher of science, advocates for intelligent design. He helped found the Center for Science and Culture (CSC) of the Discovery Institute (DI), which is the main organisation behind the intelligent-design movement.
Meyer has written the books:
- Signature in the Cell: DNA and the Evidence for Intelligent Design (2009)
- Darwin's Doubt: the Explosive Origin of Animal Life and the Case for Intelligent Design (2013), "a masterwork of pseudoscience"
- The Return of the God Hypothesis: Compelling Scientific Evidence for the Existence of God (2020)
Doctor Meyer has absolutely no qualifications within the fields of biology, cosmology, or chemistry; he does hold a Bachelor of Science in geology and physics, but his Ph.D is in the philosophy of science which has no relevance to evolutionary biology.
- Cook, Gareth (2013-07-02). "Doubting “Darwin's Doubt”". Conde Nast. http://www.newyorker.com/tech/elements/doubting-darwins-doubt. "But do not underestimate “Darwin's Doubt”: it is a masterwork of pseudoscience. Meyer is a reasonably fluid writer who weaves anecdote and patient explanation. He skillfully deploys the trappings of science—the journals, the conferences, the Latinate terminology."
- Cook, Gareth (2013-07-02). "Doubting “Darwin's Doubt”". Conde Nast. http://www.newyorker.com/tech/elements/doubting-darwins-doubt. "He has a Ph.D. from the University of Cambridge in the philosophy of science."