Teflpedia is "a wiki dedicated to everything associated with teaching English as a foreign language or second language."
Host to RationalWiki
It is owned by RationalWikian Bob M. Being a veteran member of RationalWiki, Bob turned over the English-teaching encyclopædia to the mob for use during the 2009 August-September server crash. It subsequently became the most popular destination for RationalWikians during the crash, for which several reasons have been speculated:
- It was fully owned by "one of the gang" who would not object.
- It had no pre-conceived stance in respect of the issues in which RW is interested.
- It was simply the first place people went when they had an offer.
- The wiki is not highly active anyway, and in the summer it was even more quiet.
- The website is wiki-based, and attracted the wiki-comfy users.
- Everyone loves Bob.
The current logo - a mortarboard with "teflpedia" spelled out in phonetic symbols underneath - was created during the RationalWikians stay at Teflpedia with the help of some of the more technology-savvy RationalWikians. This and the associated favicon are now almost all that remains of the visit - the rest having being cleaned out over subsequent weeks.
It has nothing to do with frying pans.
- As it says on the wiki itself.