| Some dare call it|
|What THEY don't want|
you to know!
“”Public riots are being organized in serious numbers in an effort to prevent the arrest and capture of more senior public officials. On POTUS’ order, a state of temporary military control will be actioned and special ops carried out. False leaks have been made to retain several within the confines of the United States to prevent extradition and special operator necessity.
|—"Q Clearance Patriot" reveals secret truths and predicts chaos|
QAnon, also known as The Storm and Calm Before The Storm, is a conspiracy theory, popular meme, and right wing fantasy that originated in a series of incoherent posts on 4chan in 2017 by someone calling themselves QAnon. Following on the heels of similar bullshit such as Pizzagate, it advances a fantastic web of deceit that wraps up Trumpism, deep state fearmongering, evil, satanic pedophilia rings controlled by the Democratic Party, investigations into Russian meddling in the 2016 US election, the Las Vegas shooting, and New World Order paranoia into a package easily and wholeheartedly promoted by internet cesspools and Alex Jones.
“”TRUMP: “You guys know what this represents? ... Maybe it’s the calm before the storm.”
REPORTER: "What storm, Mr. President?"TRUMP: "You'll find out."
|—Trump, to puzzled reporters.|
Because he was surrounded by high-ranking military officers at the time, believers have interpreted his bizarre remarks to mean he was recruited by military intelligence to lead a "quiet coup" to restore "integrity" to the US government; hence, he will impose martial law and unleash a "storm" of retribution against satanic Clintonites, Democratic evil-doers, Deep State dirtbags, and RINO cucks. And this coup will succeed, according to one believer, since "deep state corruption has a heavy Jewish influence" and "the military has a very low rate of Jewish people".
Cannibals, kids, and Satan
“”What is the "storm" the POTUS spoke about? it is the draining of the swamp, a giant global hurricane of veracity.
|—A somewhat more… lucid… description|
The Storm's central premise is that President Trump is secretly working to take down a global ring of elite, cannibalistic, satanic pedophiles. And the investigation into Russian meddling into the 2016 election, led by former FBI director Robert Mueller, is actually an investigation into the so-called "deep state", where a cabal of evil, money-grubbing globalists, including Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama, are responsible for everything from a global pedophile ring to the mass shooting in Las Vegas in 2017.
According to the enlightened, when Trump awkwardly took a drink from a bottle of Fiji water at a press conference in November 2017, it wasn't because he was thirsty; it was actually a secret signal to those in the know that the Storm of annihilation of deep state pedophiles had begun (or was about to begin). Because as everyone knows, Fiji is a hot spot for child trafficking.
So, while the shit was supposed to hit the fan in November 2017 with mass demonstrations and the suppression thereof, a military coup, the arrest of hundreds of public officials, and the fact that November came and went without any of these things happening does not appear to have had any effect on the theory's overzealous supporters. On the contrary, it appears it has made it even more popular.
A fictional personality (or to the faithful, an "anonymous patriot") central to "The Storm" theory, going by the name of "QAnon" ("Q" symbolizing a supposedly high level super secret government "Q Clearance"), began posting a series of messages on 4chan's /pol/ board in a thread called "CBTS" (Calm Before The Storm) on October 28, 2017. In these, Q claimed that Trump was being protected by the military because the CIA, the FBI, and the Secret Service are all corrupt. Their postings take the form of cryptic questions, where each question is supposedly a hint, a clue, or a riddle containing some awesome revelation that would make treasure hunter Nicolas Cage smack his forehead and yell, "OF COURSE!" Yet the questions are usually the type of stuff found in grade-Z spy novels, and often contain their own obvious irony, such as this knee-slapper:
“”Has POTUS *ever* made a statement that has not become proven as true/fact?
|—"Q Clearance Patriot"|
Q's postings are known among aficionados as "crumbs" because they're thought to be tidbits of information forming a trail that leads to... well, with a bit of imagination, you can make these random words and phrases lead anywhere. And they're vague enough that they could apply to pretty much anything. Many sound like they were written by Deepak Chopra channeling Alex Jones. The phrase "down the rabbit hole" (a reference to Alice's Adventures in Wonderland) is popular among believers who feel they are lucky participants in a great adventure where nothing is random and everything has meaning, and to "follow the white rabbit" is to be willingly led on a journey of ridiculous speculations regarding Q's postings.
Like Batman, QAnon's identity is supposedly a deep, dark secret, and so the kookosphere swirls with speculation. Some name "NSA whistleblower" Thomas Drake, whose anti-Obama posture has gained him somewhat of a fanbase on the far-right. Others say it's Steve Bannon. Or Trump himself. Or Donald Trump Jr. Or an artificial intelligence.
Adding to the confusion, a number of "Q impostors" and fakes have appeared, as well as copycat Anons such as "MegaAnon" and "WH Anon", prompting the faithful to conclude it's all just part of a "Deep State" plot to smear QAnon.
In reality, however, the supposed deep cover agent QAnon is most likely a 4chan troll doing it for the shits and giggles.
All aboard the crazy train!
“”Mueller was hired to investigate Clinton, period. If my theory proves to be correct, this will go down as one of the most brilliant sting operations in history.
Pizzagate promoters, such as Liz Crokin and David Seaman, have taken a very active interest in this brand new opportunity to spread batshit insanity, with Crokin claiming that Sean Hannity is privately "on board" with the conspiracy theory. Seaman, being an old Pizzagater, has plenty of experience weaving bullshit from out of thin air. On Christmas Eve, December 24, 2017, Q apparently posted a picture of George Washington crossing the Delaware river, and Seaman claimed that the painting showed Washington in the act of "starting the American Revolutionary War" (it doesn't, the war started in Boston more than a year before), and excitedly concluded, "so in other words, the second revolution is upon us and the deep state is being taken out now."
Then, of course, there's leading birther and InfoWars esteemed crackpot Jerome Corsi, who's now hard at work with the stable geniuses of 8chan in an effort to "decipher" Q's crumbs. But none can hope to rival professional insanity dispenser Alex Jones, who has enthusiastically endorsed "The Storm" crackpottery, especially the part about a global Clinton-led pedophilia ring, which happens to fit in nicely with his claims that child sex slaves have been kidnapped and shipped to Mars. Or well, he did, until Qanon and the merchandise around it started cutting into his bottom line and sales of protein pills. Now Jones claims that Qanon is a false flag meant to make conservatives looks like a bunch of paranoid schizophrenics, as if they needed the help.
Q believers have a huge amount of baggage on the crazy train in the form of crank magnetism: special counsel Robert S. Mueller III is actually investigating high-level Democrats, the Illuminati, the Rothschild conspiracy, "Operation Mockingbird" (an alleged 20th century CIA infiltration of the media), fascism, the hidden meaning of Francis Ford Coppola films and Christian revivalism. Oh, and J. P. Morgan had the Titanic sunk to take out his millionaire rivals, and "John F. Kennedy Jr. faked his death and joined Trump's secret evil-fighting organization, where he writes 4chan posts under the pseudonym 'Q'."
QAnon map dissection
As the map shows, QAnon functions as a grand unified conspiracy theory because it lumps in just about every imaginably conspiracy theory (together with some historical reference points and almost no context). There are a number of conspiracy theories that are based on bigotry: antisemitism (e.g. concerning George Soros), Anti-Catholicism (e.g., concerning Jesuits), anti-African American (concerning the Obamas), and anti-Masonic, and these are baked into the map. In that sense, Qanon can be used both as a mirror for one's own bigotry and as a crank magnet, drawing one into the "rabbit hole" with more and more "cray cray".
Having trouble reading small point ALL CAPS? Is your mind confused by the non sequitur tornado? Here we present a handy-dandy hyper-linked, linearized textualization of the damn map. Unhelpfully, it's still full of non sequitur. The dissection roughly follows the map left-to-right and top-to-bottom.
|The dissection: a bloody mess|
All of the dubious claims of this conspiracy theory have been easily debunked, discredited, and immediately recognized as complete and total fabrications, slander, and lies. Despite this, legions of rabid, far-right-wing extremists and conspiracists have embraced and promoted the theory in an increasingly crowded field of loonies inhabiting the cesspools of social media and YouTube. A detailed analysis of the whole fetid affair is documented in a boringly exhaustive copypasta.
In March 2018, the Reddit board for QAnon was shut down due to "encouraging or inciting violence and posting personal and confidential information", and its moderators were banned from the site. In June 2018, Mathew P. Wright of Henderson, Nevada was arrested for allegedly blocking the bridge over the Hoover Dam with his home-made armored vehicle and guns; he held out a sign that was linked to QAnon. In July 2018, Pennsylvanian Gardner Boyd was arrested for allegedly threatening to kill Trump and was reported to have made several reference to QAnon. In August 2018, Forrest Clark was arrested for allegedly igniting a forest fire in Orange County, California; Clark had previously posted about QAnon and other conspiracy theories.
Real World "Q" Clearance
In the Department of Energy, this is a real thing. As a DOE clearance, it presumably relates to nuclear secrets of the United States. It obviously makes sense that this publicly known and extremely important clearance level would be primarily used to hide everyone's secret pedophilia.
- BSO sergeant who wore ‘QAnon’ patch in photo with Pence has been disciplined by Carli Teproff (December 03, 2018 07:26 PM, Updated December 04, 2018 07:24 AM) Miami Herald.
- Paris Martineau, The Storm Is the New Pizzagate — Only Worse. New York Magazine, 19 December 2017.
- The Book of Q on aim4truthblog.files.wordpress.com. Retrieved on 4 October 2018.
- Qanon's "Calm Before the Storm" KnowYourMeme
- David Neiwert, Conspiracy meta-theory 'The Storm' pushes the 'alternative' envelope yet again. Southern Poverty Law Center, 17 January 2018.
- Margaret Hartmann, Trump Won't Say Why He Called Military Dinner 'Calm Before the Storm' New York Magazine, 6 October 2017.
- What Did President Trump Mean by ‘Calm Before the Storm’? New York Times, October 6, 2017
- 4CHAN BREADCRUMBS INSIDER - Was Donald Trump Recruited by U.S. Military Intelligence to be President? Voat
- THE COMING STORM on imgur. Retrieved on 19 January 2018.
- Twitter, @Bocavista2016
- @TH3WH17ERABB17 promoting Q's "crumbs" on Twitter
- Wow, QANON's Identity Revealed + Donald Trump's Storm Is Underway Fulcrum
- Interviewing Liz Crokin on the Storm, Q Anon, Pedogate & Twitter Feuds (Jan 2, 2018) BeforeItsNews.com
- Deep State Attacks Q Anon with Nazi Smear Campaign, Fake Q Postings, And Mega Anon on Q Anon "Stillness in the Storm" (a kind of Q fansite)
- Q-Tube Updates: The Other Side of the QAnon Phenomenon with Jerome Corsi and Tracy Beanz starshipearththebigpicture.com
- How Mueller & President Trump are Pulling the Biggest Sting in History LizCrokin.com
- Wow, QANON's Identity Revealed? + Donald Trump's Storm Is Underway David Seaman, YouTube.
- Kyle Mantyla, Jerome Corsi Has Uncovered Irrefutable Proof Of The Authenticity Of ‘QAnon’. Right Wing Watch, 11 January 2018.
- Meet “The Storm,” the conspiracy theory taking over the pro-Trump internet Medium
- Exclusive: The Secrets of QAnon, The Storm, and The Deep State Counterstrike Alex Jones, YouTube
- NASA Denies That It’s Running a Child Slave Colony on Mars The Daily Beast
- Ben Collins and Brandy Zadrozny, The far right is struggling to contain Qanon after giving it life. NBC News, 10 August 2018.
Infowars founder Alex Jones once promoted the theory, but then told his followers that it had been compromised.
"Stick a fork in the avatar of Qanon,” Jones declared in May, claiming to have spoken to the person behind the leaks that make up the theory. “It is now an overrun disinformation fount.”
- ‘We are Q’: A deranged conspiracy cult leaps from the Internet to the crowd at Trump’s ‘MAGA’ tour by Isaac Stanley-Becker (August 1, 2018 at 6:43 AM) The Washington Post.
- Fact-checking QAnon conspiracy theories: Did J.P. Morgan sink the Titanic? by Erick Trickey (August 4, 2018 at 7:00 AM) The Washington Post.
- JFK Jr. didn’t die! He runs QAnon! And he’s No. 1 Trump fan, omg!!! by Avi Selk (August 5, 2018 at 1:37 PM) The Washington Post.
- qanon.pub, an archive of QAnon-related posts.
- How three conspiracy theorists took 'Q' and sparked Qanon by Brandy Zadrozny & Ben Collins (Aug. 14, 2018 / 4:25 PM GMT) NBC News.
- DPS: Man who blocked Hoover Dam bridge held sign calling for release of Comey report by Nathan J. Fish (Published 1:55 p.m. MT June 15, 2018 | Updated 9:33 p.m. MT June 15, 2018) AZ Central.
- 2 Arizona arrests have ties to QAnon conspiracy theory movement by Richard Ruelas (Published 12:04 p.m. MT Aug. 7, 2018 | Updated 3:00 p.m. MT Aug. 7, 2018) AZ Central.
- QAnon Referenced by Man Arrested for Threatening to Kill Trump: Jeffrey Boyd told a Pennsylvania woman he had come from Oklahoma with a gun because of CIA mind-control and other Q-related clues. Police say he threatened the first family. by Will Sommer (08.10.18 10:35 PM ET) Daily Beast.
- California Wildfire Suspect Posted About QAnon, Other Conspiracies: "This place is going to burn," Forrest Clark allegedly texted a volunteer fire chief two weeks before the fire. by Sebastian Murdock (08/10/2018 03:44 pm ET) HuffPost.
- The original author of this section is not-so-secretly an on-and-off DOE employee. Albeit one who specializes in climate science rather than child molestation.