There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff – we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone who saw this today donated $5, we would meet our goal for 2019.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
Patriot Action Network
| Someone is wrong on|
Patriot Action Network is a batshit crazy networking site where any radical right activist can post their opinions or start their own blog and receive validation from fellow wingnuts. The site's stated purpose is to unite Tea Party activists and "patriots".
Conspiracy theories, ranging from chemtrails, global warming denialism, and the New World Order, to the Illuminati, and NAFTA litter the site. Conspiracy theories centered around Barack Obama are especially popular: Birtherism is well-represented, as is the fear that Obama is going to take everyone's guns.
Patriot Action Network makes National Review Online look liberal on LGBT issues. They are vehemently homophobic; one blogger believes that "sodomites are a bigger threat to the United States than terrorism". Another encouraged people to harass the President of the Richmond Federal Reserve Bank until the bank took down a gay pride flag that was flying outside. Darla Dawald posted "Patriot Action Alerts" about gays being allowed to join the Boy Scouts and supported a petition to continue the ban.
- Darla Dawald- The nutty "National Director" of the site. She has promoted the idea that there is a War on Christmas, global warming denialism, and John Hagee's New World Order nonsense. She likes to address the site's users as "patriots" and likes exclamation marks even more.
- Sarah Pitta- The Massachusetts state director. Her posts are usually about the progressive War on Christmas and Christianity. She's also pushed conspiracy theories around healthcare rationing under ObamaCare and compares Obamacare to Nazi eugenics.
- Carl Gottstein- A moderator on the site who is constantly paranoid that Obama is trying to give illegal immigrants amnesty.
There are many more members but documenting all their nuttiness just isn't worth the effort.
- Too many conspiracies to count
- "The photos are proof we tell you!"
- AHHHH CHEMTRAILS!
- You didn't think they'd believe in it, did you?
- Obama might not even be his real name
- What do they call an ACTUAL alert?