| The woo is out there|
|Aliens did it...|
|... and ran away|
“”The Scientific Study of UFOs for the Benefit of Humanity
|—MUFON's website motto|
MUFON was founded in 1969 as the Midwest UFO Network. Its current headquarters are in Cincinnati, Ohio. In addition to their website, they publish the MUFON UFO Journal.
MUFON's sadly unscientific method
According to their website, "MUFON strives to use the scientific method." (So far, so good…) "Data is collected through online reports…" (Wait. Someone online saying they saw a UFO is considered data?) "A MUFON Field Investigator then interviews the witnesses who made the report…" (Ah. At MUFON, anecdotal evidence = science).
Online alien abduction quiz
More clues to MUFON's approach to science can be found at their online "Experiencer Questionnaire"… which soberly advises: "If you answered 15 or more questions in the affirmative, you might be an ETI contact experiencer."
But wait, there's more
Want to be an official MUFON Field Investigator? Just purchase their mandatory MUFON training materials at $99.95,  score 80% on the MUFON exam — and you're in! They'll even sell you a cool Official Field Investigator photo ID badge that's sure to impress the gang at the next Star Trek convention.
Oh, and so much more
In 2018, evidence of wide-spread anti-immigrant, anti-trans and anti-Muslim sentiments among MUFON officials and Inner Circle donors emerged. Going for a trifecta, the organization is also reportedly unwilling to adequately address sexual harassment.
- A SURVEY OF UFOLOGISTS AND THEIR BELIEFS IN UNEXPLAINED PHENOMENA Skepticfiles.org
- The Scientific Method Mufon.com
- Fill out the following questionnaire to see if you may be an experiencer Mufon.com
- MUFON Field Investigator Training Full DVD Set ONLY AVAILABLE THROUGH MUFON Mufon.com
- Become a MUFON Field Investigator Mufon.com
- Andrew Whalen What If Aliens Met Racists? MUFON Resignations Highlight Internal Divisions in UFO Sightings Organization Newsweek, April 2018
- New Release! MUFON EXPOSED! Project Camelot