Institute for Natural Healing
According to the INH "We are fed up with the lies and stupidity of the medical establishment and are committed to exposing these falsehoods to the public." They claim to have uncovered thousands of natural alternative medicine treatments that can improve health without drugs or medical intervention.Do You Believe That?
The advisory board of the INH consists of various "natural health" educators such as chiropractic college Professor James Meschino, GP Malcolm Kendrick and Doctor of Naturopathy Holly Lucille. The Executive Director and owner of the Institute for Natural Healing and New Summit Nutritionals is Angela Salerno, she has no medical training and has been criticized for promoting unproven cancer cures.
The INH promotes Big Pharma conspiracy theories. They claim that "Natural treatments—even cures—for cancer are all around us. They're readily available to those who know about them. But they're actively hidden by Big Pharma, the FDA, and mainstream medicine." They sell various pseudoscientific books such as 7 Cancer Cure Cover-Ups.
Their website has articles supportive of cholesterol and statin denialism. They have commented that "higher cholesterol levels may actually help you live longer." They recommend their readers to avoid taking blood pressure medication. One bizarre article talks about how high blood pressure is apparently good for health. They state that "If you’re on blood pressure meds and you’ve had a stroke, show your doctor this article. You’ll want to make sure that your hypertension is not being overcorrected. You may need to reduce your dosage or even stop taking blood pressure drugs."
Cancer Survival System
The INH sells an unproven cure known as the Cancer Survival System for $149. It claims to be "the only program of its kind". It promises a "natural compound" to destroy cancer stem cells, but never identifies what this compound is made from. The Cancer Survival System promises the following:
- The natural compound that destroys cancer stems cells and is 10,000 times more powerful than chemotherapy.
- The “Universal Cancer Cure” that even the Mayo Clinic admits “…may prevent cancer, slow the spread of cancer, make chemotherapy more effective, and protect healthy cells from damage by radiation therapy.”
- The “natural chemo” that could prevent almost 80% of all cancer cases.
- The goopy food ingredient that kills 93% of cancer cells in only 48 hours.
- The only prostate cancer solution that gives you an almost 100% chance of surviving without the emasculating side effects.
- The biggest breast cancer risk you’ve never heard of.
- And so much more…
The Heart Disease Scam
The INH also sells The Heart Disease Scam, a 30-page report for $24.95. They use the word "scam" to refer to research from modern cardiology which they consider to be flawed. They assert that coronary angioplasty and stent insertion, bypass surgery and statins are all ineffective to treat atherosclerosis or cardiovascular diseases and are "money making scams". Instead, they claim that a "specific food group" (not named), eight antioxidant foods (not named), 10 vitamins (not named) and specific exercises (not named) are the real cure but this evidence is being supressed by the medical community. This is tinfoil hat quackery.[citation NOT needed]
They sell dubious vitamin and mineral supplements, at New Summit Nutritionals.[note 1] A Quack Miranda Warning was added at the bottom of their website which claims "these statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease." This is contradicted by the description of the supplements they are selling, for example they advertise their product Proluxan as offering "real prostate relief". They also advertise their product VitaCardio as giving a "stronger more powerful heart" to improve blood pressure, cholesterol, inflammation, blood vessels, and circulation. Their wording however probably meets the weak legal guidelines of the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act of 1994 to avoid being scolded by the FDA.
- The supplements at Institute for Natural Healing redirects to the New Summit Nutritionals website.
- About Us. The Institute for Natural Healing.
- Meet the INH Medical Advisory Board.
- Better Than Chemo, or a Modern Snake Oil Sale?. Bad Science Debunked.
- Cancer Fraud: a $98 subscription will not cure your cancer. ChicagoNow.
- The Institute for Natural Healing Announces Launch of Innovative, New Supplement Site
- What Natural Cancer Cures Are “They” Keeping From You?
- Products. The Institute for Natural Healing.
- Don’t Fall for the Statin Hoax. The Institute for Natural Healing.
- The Great Statin Rethink. The Institute for Natural Healing.
- ‘Bad’ Cholesterol Does Not Cause Heart Disease
- High Blood Pressure? Beware of This Drug. The Institute for Natural Healing.
- High Blood Pressure Could Save Your Life. The Institute for Natural Healing.
- Cancer Survival System. The Institute for Natural Healing.
- You’re one of the first 100 to claim The Institute for Natural Healing’s Cancer Survival System
- The Heart Disease Scam
- Urgent Health Alert... The Heart Disease Scam That May Cost You Your Life
- Our Most Popular Formulations. New Summit Nutritionals.
- Proluxan. New Summit Nutritionals.
- Breakthrough science reveals that this 3,000 year old secret could be the key to maintaining… PERFECT BLOOD PRESSURE. Angela Salerno.