I love this website
I think you guys are doing great work. I'm a dyed in the wool liberal secular atheist so its refreshing to see some sanity on the internet.. i do have a request for my brethren/fellow travelers.. I made a website and am trying to develope a kind of secular religion/life philosophy.. some of it disagrees with certain aspects of traditional science but over all i think its pretty sound. is there anyway you guys can help me promote it? specifically with talk pages bashing it and an article so the google webbots will index it? id appreciate it and again.. thanks you guys you really are doing good work. my site. — Unsigned, by: 22.214.171.124 / talk / contribs
Would it be possible to change Rollback to have a user preference, not the default setting, to confirm the rollback? A couple of times I've screwed this up because my fat fingers hit the wrong link. Could be because I use a mobile.
Is it poor etiquette to not mark an edit as minor without giving a reason? Just because I think it's obvious doesn't necessarily mean others don't. Combined with the previous issue maybe the answer is for me to take better effort to avoid rollback at all costs.
Twice I've received alerts that a watch list item has been linked to somewhere else, but when I check the fossil record the link doesn't even show as being deleted, much less linked in the first place. Just curious.
- As far as I'm aware, Rollback is a function specifically designed to avoid confirmation - and there is no such thing in the Preferences. I don't know how much thought has been put into making things easier on mobile here. Maybe I can have a look at how to do it with adaptive CSS, but I'm not sure how often things are changed on MediaWiki:Common.css or by whom, and to be honest, I'm probably too lazy to do anything unless other people show interest.
- As far as edit summaries are concerned, first off, I don't know. Secondly, you're definitely not doing anything wrong by always adding an edit summary. Thirdly, I operate under the assumption that most minor edits aren't worth an edit summary. Minor edits shouldn't be about content anyway, rather about formatting and such.
- Yes, this happened to me as well and I turned notifications off. I think the reason for that are templates including random articles, so it might have been generated for one user, but once you're accessing the page, it will be a different random page, given a large enough category. Not sure, though.
- This kind of sounds like the server cache not having been refreshed - or your browser cache. Have you tried overriding your cache yet?
RSamys (bla) 13:35, 13 March 2018 (UTC)
Contribution to talk page marked as spam
- @Morpheos Try taking it to RationalWiki:Technical support. --RWRW (talk) 21:47, 1 July 2018 (UTC)
- I can't figure out how to ask for help on RationalWiki:Technical support. Maybe I am stupid.
- On another topic is RationalWiki dying? It seems from my qualitative experience that contributions peaked around the early 2010s. There don't seem to be articles on recent issues. — Unsigned, by: Morpheos / talk / contribs
Had no idea my public IP would be an issue. Can we put it in my user account instead?
I recently created the Suspicious0bservers page and I have become nervous about retribution from the followers of that gunk. Can the post be attributed to this account? Or can it be removed and re-posted by me?
Anything you can do to help protect my privacy. I am sorry for not fully understanding how this all worked. I saw I could post, and I didn't think twice (been wanting a debunk page on that clown for a long time).
Thanks for the help.