| Frogs, clowns and swastikas|
|Rebuilding the Reich, one meme at a time|
| Parroting squawkbox|
|And a dirty dozen more|
“”You can feel free to call me an Uncle Tom. It does not affect me. You know why? Because I actually read the book — Uncle Tom was the hero.
|—Candace Owens, actually getting something right|
“”I actually don't have any problems at all with the word 'nationalism'. I think that the definition gets poisoned by elitists that actually want globalism. Globalism is what I don't want, so when you think about whenever we say nationalism, the first thing people think about, at least in America, is Hitler. He was a national socialist. But if Hitler just wanted to make Germany great and have things run well, okay, fine. The problem is that he wanted, he had dreams outside of Germany. He wanted to globalize. He wanted everybody to be German, everybody to be speaking German. Everybody to look a different way. To me, that's not nationalism. In thinking about how we could go bad down the line, I don't really have an issue with nationalism. I really don't. I think that it's okay.
|—Candace Owens, ignoring the Holocaust|
“”Candace Owens is a weird mixture of grifter and legitimate mental issues.
|—The Progressive Voice|
Candace Owens is a nutty alt-right commentator and rising star of the young conservative movement. She is the founder of Red Pill Black on YouTube and also serves as Turning Point USA's "director of urban engagement." Get it? Because she's the only black female TPUSA supporter who isn't a stock photo model. White supremacist leader Richard Spencer has described Owens as "the last stand of implicit white identity". As of April 2018, she is also Kanye West's new best friend.
Owens hails from Stamford, Connecticut and was a victim of racism in high school. She attended college at the University of Rhode Island, before dropping out after her junior year. She later went to work for Vogue magazine.
Attacked by GamerGate, recruited by GamerGate
In 2016, she attempted to start up a website called SocialAutopsy.com in a naive attempt to try to expose cyber-bullies and stop their activities by doxing them. This led to her being contacted by anti-harassment activist and recurring GamerGate target Zoe Quinn. Quinn tried to warn Owens what kind of internet shitstorm she was stepping into. And then, things began to go quickly downhill. The digital lynch mob that is GamerGate, sensing fresh meat and eager to destroy a potential threat, descended upon Owens in a storm of hate mail, that due to her inexperience with internet jargon, Owens mistook for an attack from Quinn. What followed was a series of surreal tweets from Owens to Quinn, in which Owens accused Quinn of participating in a massive conspiracy in an attempt to shut down the SocialAutopsy project. This was followed by a scathing open letter from Randi Lee Harper, another professional activist, in which Harper was quick to point out many flaws in Owens' website design, anti-harassment experience, presentation, and technical skills, leading to Harper getting caught up in the maelstrom as well.
Meanwhile, GamerGate decided that Owens would make a better ally than enemy and pulled an abrupt one-eighty, supporting her tweetstorm on Twitter, sending her links to pro-GamerGate websites, and even interviewing her. All of this eventually led to Owens "taking the Red pill" and becoming a permanent fixture of the less reputable corners of the interwebs, from whence she continued to spew forth bizarre and increasingly ridiculous conspiracies, such as attacking the Washington Post for a story they never actually published, but that she was nonetheless sure would be an attempt to smear her.
Who is she?
Candace Owens is your garden-variety online conservative wingnut, with one "major" exception: she's black, and just so happens to be a conservative (which she thinks makes her something special, like a lot of other black conservatives, even though black conservatives really aren't that uncommon.) Her primary platform seems to be that she has awakened to the "lies" of the Democratic Party and encourages other people to do what she did: "take the red pill" and become a conservative.
She presents herself as a champion of free thinking (once saying, "I'm not far-right - I'm free.") fighting for the black community, but really, she's just a paranoid hypocrite who blames the Democrats for literally everything. Like every other conservative who pulls out the Dixiecrat fallacy at every opportunity, Candace refuses to believe that the Democratic Party of today might just be different from the pre-Nixon Democratic Party and is convinced that they still have a "slave master" mentality that they use to oppress African-Americans in more subtle ways rather that overt slavery, such as the liberal media, the welfare state, public education, affirmative action, and liberal politics in general. According to Candace, the Republican Party is the great beacon of hope for the black community, and if more black people become Republicans, they will have "left the plantation" that is the Democratic Party.
However, in order for Candace's logic to actually make sense, one would have to ignore the significant impact of Richard Nixon's Southern strategy on both parties. Today's GOP (especially following the rise of Donald Trump) has practically turbo-charged the Southern strategy, making it more apparent that most of the racists are operating as members of the right wing.
Despite her claiming to be a champion for blacks everywhere, she dismisses racism against black people as no longer being a "real" problem (even though it still very much is), but rather just a manufactured one created by the mainstream media. This had put her in conflict with Black Lives Matter, whom she has referred to as "whiny toddlers" who are "pretending to be oppressed for attention." She's even gone after white people, once claiming that the only reason any white person would speak out against racial injustice is out of a sense of white guilt.
Candace's greatest hits
- Her conflicts with Black Lives Matter haven't ended with the "whiny toddlers" comments. Candace goes after them on an almost daily basis.
- She described the Women's March in Washington as a "joke."
- She has ties to InfoWars, having been personally interviewed by Alex Jones on several occasions. She also claims that InfoWars editor-at-large Paul Joseph Watson was responsible for "discovering" her on YouTube.
- She thinks black people should move on from slavery, while at the same time refusing to shut up about Democrats being responsible for slavery.
- She thinks everyone protected by DACA should be "sent home".
- She thinks white supremacy is a myth created by the media. What makes this one especially horrible was that this was her response to the Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, Virginia in 2017.
- She thinks Donald Trump is the "savior" of the free world.
- She thinks Black Panther is a pro-Trump film.
- She thinks the welfare system and public education are "socialism" and for that reason they should be eradicated. However, she does not believe this to be the case with the fire department.
- She attacked Blaire White for her transgender identity.
- She thinks something bio-chemically happens to women who don’t marry and/or have children.
- She claimed that the black community does not stick together and thinks that black people are hateful, jealous, and envious.(21:35-21:53) Strangely enough, she does not apply this reasoning to herself.
- Candace Owens said she doesn't trust Scientific American on climate change because their website address ends with dot com, but she would have trusted them more if they had a dot org address, which is a seal of quality in her view. (Yes, this is the level of argument we're up against.)
- She wants to lock up Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton, James Comey, Robert Mueller, Loretta Lynch, George Soros, Jeff Bezos, Jake Tapper, Rachel Maddow, Anderson Cooper, and Jim Acosta for no apparent reason.
- In an epic display of cognitive dissonance, Candace Owens has stated that everyone who doesn’t think like her is against the freedom to think differently.
- She claims to be against thought-policing, but she has no problem with doing so herself.
- She attacked journalists for attacking Charlie Kirk for (falsely) attacking Candace’s parents and sisters for being alcoholics and on welfare, respectively. Think about that for a moment.
- She is against welfare because she has cousins who are on welfare, and they are her closest family members. (It doesn’t make sense to us either.)
- She turned down a million dollar contract in order to stay with Turning Point USA because she is loyal to Charlie Kirk. What was that thing Malcolm X said about the House Negro and the Field Negro?
- She thinks that journalists are no different than school shooters.
- She thinks that some conservatives are "secret socialists."
- The above point is extremely ironic considering that Candace Owens tried to use a Bernie Sanders talking point to support Donald Trump.
- She doesn't understand the difference between climate and weather. She takes after her master.
- She thinks Ben Shapiro needs to learn from her.
- She says we shouldn't care about the environment.
- She says Charlie Kirk is the smartest person she knows. 
- She called Donald Trump Jr. a "Fifth avenue red neck."
- This one is just too stupid for words.
- She thinks the #MeToo movement cheapens female survivors of rape. (This probably has something to do with the fact that she is against welfare because some of her most beloved family members are on welfare.)
- She claimed that “There’s no such thing as subtracted success. You can’t attack someone into your own relevancy. Build bridges, don’t dig moats.” This is ironic because Candace Owens literally built her career on doxxing, attacking the left, labeling liberals and even a few “moderate” conservatives as “racist”, denying climate change, blaming victims of rape and sexual assault, comparing black liberals to slaves, having unnecessary fights with Ben Shapiro, insulting Chelsea Handler, blaming Obama for the racial divide in America, invalidating trans people, and supporting Trump’s wall.
- She tried to exploit Mollie Tibbetts' death in order to demonize undocumented immigrants as a whole. When called out for this behavior by one of Mollie Tibbetts' cousins, she proceeded to pick a Twitter fight with the murder victim's family member. After realizing that what she did was a bad idea, she tried to deny that the Twitter fight ever happened. As a result, the University of Iowa Turning Point USA Executive Board Members ended up resigning because of her antics, declining an invitation for Candace Owens and Charlie Kirk to host an anti-immigration event at the University of Iowa in the process. This forced Candace Owens to deny that she and Charlie Kirk were ever planning on hosting an anti-immigration event at the University of Iowa.
- She defended a man who was holding the Confederate flag.
- She condemned CNN for suspending an alleged sex offender. Paris Dennard, the alleged sex offender in question, had even admitted to the sexual harassment allegations against him. Nevertheless, Candace Owens felt it was appropriate to compare his suspension to public lynchings because... he happened to be a black Trump supporter. It doesn't help that Candace Owens praised a domestic abuser for being a black Trump supporter immediately afterwards.
- She has endorsed white nationalist conspiracy theories.
- She is currenlty suing her former landlord for $15,000, claiming that mold caused by a leak caused her rash, coughing, asthma and "emotional distress". In response, her landlord is suing her, claiming, that she stopped paying her rent and had to be evicted. Given that she showed no signs of illness in her recent videos, it is highly unlikely her claim is true that she wanted to live in her apartment without paying for it.
- She claims to have toured the ICE immigration center in Broward County, Florida, and she made a video in which she was standing outside the entrance of what is supposedly the ICE facility in question. In this video, Owens claims that the migrant children being held captive in the building have access to arts and crafts, a Zumba class, a library, volleyball and basketball courts, a foosball table, a soccer field, a hair salon, 24-hour medical care, phones, PCs, a convenience store, and “a ton of cash”.Do You Believe That? Of course, Owens was unable to actually show any of this stuff in her video, probably for the same reason that conspiracy theorists are unable to provide any real evidence for the existence of Bigfoot. Nevertheless, Owens still thinks that since she received poor treatment in public school, it's unfair that the migrant children are supposedly being treated well in the ICE buildings. Considering that Owens has never been taken from her family, put in a cage, held captive in a concentration camp, been forcibly injected with drugs against her will, forcibly stripped naked, physically assaulted, tortured, sexually abused, forced to drink toilet water, pressured to commit suicide, or killed, the appropriate response to Owens' bullshit is to offer her some cheese to go with her whine.
- As of September 2018, she is now an MRA and a rape apologist.
- Owens has used the hashtag "#SlaveryIsAChoice" and liked a post from Kanye West where he said "we will provide jobs for all who are free from prisons as we abolish the 13th amendment."
- She has vaguely accused "leftists" of being behind the migrant caravan and the pipe bombs sent to George Soros, Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, and CNN offices. This is ironic not just because the MAGA Bomber turned out to have been a registered Republican and Trump supporter, but also because it was later revealed that Owens herself incited the MAGA bomber.
- She founded a “Blexit” campaign, a campaign that was supposed to convince black people to leave the Democratic Party and join the Republican Party. However, Owens screwed up the campaign in several ways. For starters, she falsely claimed that Kanye West designed the T-shirts for the campaign. This allowed Kanye to realize that Owens was a charlatan and fraud who was using him for political gain. As a result, West revealed that Owens was lying when she claimed that he designed the T-shirts. West also cut all ties with Owens, distancing himself from politics in the process. Owens then responded by apologizing to West while simultaneously denying that she claimed that West designed the Blexit T-shirts. Unfortunately for Owens, there is both video proof and image proof that she claimed that West designed the Blexit T-shirts. Numerous pro-Trump activists, including Tomi Lahren, blamed Owens for losing West. In addition, historian Kevin M. Kruse pointed out that several of Owens’ claims about the Democratic Party on her Blexit website were false. Owens’ response was to block him on Twitter. Also, Owens was caught using stolen photos and stock images for her Blexit website, which is against the law. Furthermore, it turns out that the name “Blexit” was already taken by another organization. The original Blexit founder is currently threatening legal action against Owens. Because of how badly Blexit was managed, the Republican Party completely failed to win the black vote in the 2018 midterms, with many of the Blexit accounts on Twitter having been revealed to have been Russian bots and trolls.
- She has expressed her support for fascists like Marine Le Pen and believes that France needs to build an army in order to carry out ethnic cleansing of Muslims. When a Twitter user criticized Owens for her obvious racism, Owens responded by saying, "Muslim is not a race. Stupid much?" Exactly how this would excuse wanting to commit genocide is truly a mystery to us all.
- She accused a black man of being white because he criticized her. She also tried to "self-identify as a gay Latino man" while simultaneously accusing a gay Latino man of being "a raging racist homophobe" for criticizing her. For someone who claims to be helping minorities escape a plantation, Owens closely resembles the plantation in question.
- In response to Kevin Hart stepping down from hosting the Oscars, she highlighted a tweet of Amy Schumer's using the word "fags". Upon receiving criticism, she started mocking LGBT people.
- She believes that trans women are men who are part of a secret plan of the patriarchy to infiltrate women’s beauty pageants and sports and “slowly take over and dominate everything”. (What then should we think of trans men?) Her transphobic conspiracy theories are quite ironic, considering that there was once a time when she supported trans people against attacks from Republicans. That was before Candace Owens realized that she could become rich and famous from being a token black woman shilling for the alt-right.
- Even after becoming an alt-right grifter, Candace is supportive of gay marriage 
- She accused Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of "pushing for policies that were practiced by Stalin, Lenin, and Adolf Hitler."
- Brenton Tarrant, the Australian white nationalist terrorist who shot and killed 50 people at Al Noor Mosque and the Linwood Islamic Centre in Christchurch, New Zealand, on 15 March 2019, named Candace Owens as his biggest influence in his manifesto. Her response?: "LOL!"
- As of November 2019, she is now an anti-vaxxer.
- One of Trump's most vocal black supporters seemed to defend Hitler in a recent speech by Eugene Scott (February 8, 2019 at 4:22 PM) The Washington Post.
- Here is video of Candace Owens' full answer on nationalism and Hitler by John Whitehouse (7:24 PM - 8 Feb 2019) Twitter.
- Kanye West. "I love the way Candace Owens thinks" Twitter.
- Cuda, Amanda (March 5, 2016). "“We were children. I wasn’t the only victim.”". http://www.ctpost.com/local/article/We-were-children-I-wasn-t-the-only-6872580.php.
- YouTube tested, Trump approved: How Candace Owens suddenly became the loudest voice on the far right. NBC News, 23 June 2018.
Owens went to the University of Rhode Island to study journalism, but she said she was forced to leave because of an issue with her student loan. A representative for the university said Owens dropped out after her junior year.
- Jesse Singal, The Strange Tale of Social Autopsy, the Anti-Harassment Start-up That Descended Into Gamergate Trutherism. New York Magazine, 18 April 2016.
- Social Autopsy founder Candace Owens channels GamerGate in bizarre attack on Zoe Quinn. We Hunted the Mammoth, 20 April 2016.
- SocialAutopsy-Turvy: Candace Owens’ Twitter Trainwreck, Part One. We Hunted the Mammoth, 24 April 2016.
- Randi Lee Harper, An Open Letter to Social Autopsy., medium.com, 15 April 2016.
- Giddy Gamergater: Will Candace Owens show the world that we’ve been right all along? We Hunted the Mammoth, 28 April 2016.
- Social Autopsy Founder Unleashes On Zoe Quinn & Randi Harper., Archived from the original at The Ralph Retort, 16 April 2016.
- In furious post, SocialAutopsy’s Candace Owens attacks a WashPo story that isn’t there. We Hunted the Mammoth, 25 April 2016.
- Candace Owens, #journalgate: Washington Post’s Caitlin Dewey Accused of Libel Again. David Malitz Defends Her. Archived from the original at degree180.com, 24 April 2016.
- Candace Owens. "Black Lives Matter protesters showed up to my @UCLA event to protest. Here is a video clip of me smacking them down with the truth; they’re a bunch of whiny toddlers, pretending to be oppressed for attention." Twitter.
- Sommerlad, Joe (May 3, 2018). "Candace Owens: Who is the right-wing 'free thinker' admired by Kanye West?". The Independent. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/candace-owens-kanye-west-tweet-right-wing-black-america-republicans-a8334106.html.
- Candace Owens. "This is really sweet. Thank you for your continued support @PrisonPlanet. You were literally the first person who found me on YouTube and shared my voice with your followers. X" Twitter.
- López G., Cristina (April 24, 2018). "What to know about Scott Adams and Candace Owens, the right-wing commentators Kanye West promoted". New Media Matters. http://www.mediamatters.org/blog/2018/04/24/what-know-about-scott-adams-and-candace-owens-right-wing-commentators-kanye-west-promoted/220028.
- Rogo, Paula (April 25, 2018). "Who Is Candace Owens? Here’s What You Need To Know About Kanye’s Trump-Loving Fave". Essence. http://www.essence.com/news/candace-owens-kanye-west-conservative.
- The Rubin Report. Candace Owens and Blaire White Talk Social Autopsy and Much More (Live Debate). YouTube.
- Candace Owens. "Interesting theory presented to me at lunch. Do you guys think something bio-chemically happens to women who don’t marry and/or have children?". Twitter.
- @RealCandaceO: I’m so glad we have a President with the courage to talk straight to black America. We have gotten the WORST deal EVER from the racist Democrats. We are doing better in EVERY SINGLE CATEGORY, under @realDonaldTrump. #Trump2020Landslide #SlaveryIsAChoice. Twitter. October 1, 2018.
- http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/12/brotherhood-of-losers/544158/ /