There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff – we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone who saw this today donated $5, we would meet our goal for 2020.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
| Christ died for|
our articles about
|A multi-chef broth|
|Devil's in the details|
|The pearly gates|
Bryan College is a fundamentalist Christian college in Dayton, Tennessee, location of the Scopes Monkey Trial. The college was established in 1930 as William Jennings Bryan University. Bryan College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award the associate, baccalaureate, and master degrees.
Bryan College faculty are required to sign a statement that "The origin of man was by fiat of God" and Adam and Eve "are historical persons created by God in a special formative act, and not from previously existing life-forms." Creationism is featured in the college's biology course offerings.
Core Academy of Sciences
Core Academy of Sciences is a nonprofit research organization that was started at Bryan College in 1989 as the Center for Origins Research. Core Academy wraps all the tenets of Young Earth Creationism into a package of resources for indoctrinating the faithful. They offer short courses, online seminars, and other resources exploring topics such as evolution denial, creationism, and baraminology. Core Academy offers an online database of pseudoscience literature citations, a treasure trove documenting some of the wacky things that fundies say.
- Bryan College History. bryan.edu. Retrieved on 27 September 2015.
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges Membership Directory. sacscoc.org. Retrieved on 12 September 2015.
- Alan Blinder. Bryan College Is Torn: Can Darwin and Eden Coexist? New York Times. 20 May 2014. Retrieved on 27 September 2015.
- Bryan College 2015-2016 Course Catalog. bryan.edu. BIO 314, "Biological Origins," is described as "An introductory survey of current theories for the origin of life, the origin of culture and its diversity, and the origin of language and its diversity. The first half of the course presents an evolutionary perspective on these issues; the second half a young-age creation perspective. In each case the best argument in favor of the position is presented." Retrieved on 27 September 2015.
- Core Academy of Science History. coresci.org. Retrieved on 27 September 2015.
- Core Academy Short Courses. coresci.org. Retrieved on 27 September 2015.
- Creation-Evolution Literature Database. coresci.org. Retrieved on 27 September 2015.
- Creation-Evolution Literature Database Content Report. coresci.org. The database contains over 25 thousand individual citations. Retrieved on 27 September 2015.